Flutter is evolving very fast as the Flutter Google Developers are working hard to make it better and better. Flutter has released its stable version and they are growing very fast among mobile developers because of Flutter platform independent usability. Flutter gives us a command flutter upgrade which updates our both Flutter SDK and flutter project to new released version. This command first check your Flutter SDK version then if new version is available it starts to upgrading the SDK and flutter project. So in this tutorial we would learn about How to Upgrade Flutter Project and Flutter SDK to Latest Version in Windows, MAC and Linux.
Contents in this project How to Upgrade Flutter Project and Flutter SDK to Latest Version in Windows, MAC & Linux:
1. Open your flutter project root folder containing all the Flutter project files like i did in below screenshot & execute flutter upgrade command . Please make sure you are connected to internet connection before executing command because new version will download from Internet.
Upgrading Flutter from F:\Android_Setup\flutter_sdk...
2d2a1ffec..cc949a8e8 stable -> origin/stable
2d2a1ffec..cc949a8e8 beta -> origin/beta
ce45c2d3e..e70236e36 dev -> origin/dev
* [new branch] dnfield-patch-1 -> origin/dnfield-patch-1
* [new branch] hot_restart_lowercase_r -> origin/hot_restart_lowercase
ddb06331b..fa7340a32 master -> origin/master
* [new branch] revert-40634-goldenTriageBenchmark -> origin/revert-406
* [new branch] revert-40726-roll_branch -> origin/revert-40726-roll_br
* [new branch] revert-40995-revert-40925-androidx_default -> origin/re
* [new branch] revert-41780-fix_build -> origin/revert-41780-fix_buil
* [new branch] sjindel.elf -> origin/sjindel.elf
2d2a1ffec..cc949a8e8 v1.9.1-hotfixes -> origin/v1.9.1-hotfixes
* [new branch] verbose-put -> origin/verbose-put
* [new tag] v1.10.2 -> v1.10.2
* [new tag] v1.10.7 -> v1.10.7
* [new tag] v1.9.1+hotfix.4 -> v1.9.1+hotfix.4
* [new tag] v1.10.3 -> v1.10.3
* [new tag] v1.10.4 -> v1.10.4
* [new tag] v1.10.5 -> v1.10.5
* [new tag] v1.10.6 -> v1.10.6
* [new tag] v1.9.1+hotfix.3 -> v1.9.1+hotfix.3
16 files changed, 435 insertions(+), 308 deletions(-)
Building flutter tool...
Running pub upgrade...
Flutter 1.9.1+hotfix.4 ΓÇó channel stable ΓÇó https://github.com/flutter/flutter
Framework ΓÇó revision cc949a8e8b (5 days ago) ΓÇó 2019-09-27 15:04:59 -0700
Engine ΓÇó revision b863200c37
Tools ΓÇó Dart 2.5.0
Running flutter doctor...
Doctor summary (to see all details, run flutter doctor -v):
[ΓêÜ] Flutter (Channel stable, v1.9.1+hotfix.4, on Microsoft Windows [Version 6.
3.9600], locale en-US)
[ΓêÜ] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK version 29.0.
[!] Android Studio (version 3.5)
X Flutter plugin not installed; this adds Flutter specific functionality.
X Dart plugin not installed; this adds Dart specific functionality.
[ΓêÜ] VS Code (version 1.38.1)
[ΓêÜ] Connected device (1 available)
! Doctor found issues in 1 category.
Now your flutter project and SDK is updated to latest stable version of Flutter 🙂 .